Our fifth Quailty of Life Conference since 2004 is coming to a close. The conference culminated with five delegate spokespersons briefing their group's top issues to the EUCOM Commander, component commanders, Senior Enlisted Leaders, Senior Spouses, and conference participants. Below are the issues brought forward by the focus groups:
- Expand awareness of Family Deployment Support programs
- Reinforce EUCOM Global Force Management Deployment Process
- Reinvigorate sponsorship program
- Inform custormers about discontinued products at AAFES/NEXMART Outlets
- Expanded meal plan initatives
- Develop a joint mentorship program
- Provide two OCONUS round-trip tickets annually for full-time CONUS college students
- Establish Student Cultural Exchange Orientation Program OCONUS
- Establish USEUCOM Mental Health Bill of Rights
- Standardize long-term (12-18 month) post-rintegration follow-ups for all Service Members including Individual Augmentees
Following the conference, my office will incorporate these issues into the EUCOM Quality of Life Action Plan. The work of the delegates, facilitators, recorders and SME's has been outstanding this year. I truly appreciate all the hard work they did to bring the issues of grassroots constituents to our quality of life agenda. I also thank all the outstanding guest speakers and DoD leaders who took time from their busy schedule to share updates and their insights for this very important cause.
I invite you to contribute your thoughts on the articles posted to this Blog site. Please stay connected with us and continue to let your voice be heard at the Quality of Life page .
Wayne Boswell, Chief, EUCOM Quality of Life Branch